S&S Activewear (asi/84358), third-largest supplier of promotional products, has agreed to purchase TSC Apparel (asi/90518), a Top 40 supplier. The financial terms of the agreement between private companies have not been released.
Jim Shannon, S&S CEO, stated that there was a “great affinity” between TSC and S&S. “We both built our businesses through positive company cultures, a retail-brand focus and building relationships with employees, vendors and customers.
TSC Apparel, based in Cincinnati OH is the 14th largest supplier to the promo market based upon 2020 North American promo product revenue of $110 millions.
According to S&S executives, TSC’s joining forces will result in a deeper inventory and a wider product range. Executives stated that S&S products can already reach 99% of the U.S. in two days and 44 states within one day. Executives noted that Tultex and M&O, two of the most popular TSC brands, will be available through S&S.
Frank Myers, chief operating and financial officer of S&S, stated that “we’re excited to inherit such an established company.” “We have known for years that it was a good idea to acquire TSC for both our companies and for the entire industry. Two organizations are coming together to create a world-class customer experience.
The TSC brand will be discontinued beginning next year. Instead, operations will continue under the S&S branding. The majority of TSC’s executive team will be leaving in the first half of 2022. Additional details will not be made available until the acquisition is complete.
The market for promotional products has seen an increase in mergers and acquisitions. This deal is yet another example of this trend. This is the fourth acquisition by S&S since 2010. Private equity firm Clayton, Dubilier & Rice (CD&R) is the majority owner of the supplier, which had North American promo revenues of $1.4 billion in 2020.
TSC was founded in 1976 and has since grown to be a major national distributor of blank apparel, accessories and T-shirts. It serves more than 30,000 customers.
TSC CEO Dave Klotter stated that the deal with S&S is an “exciting next chapter” for his company. S&S will benefit from our success by adopting a similar customer-centric approach. This will be a huge benefit to our industry.
S&S Activewear, a Midwestern-based supplier, has transformed into a national apparel giant with a Canadian presence. Its total footprint covers approximately 4 million square feet and employs more than 2000 people. Counselor’s 2021 Power 50 List of Promo’s Most Influential People ranked Shannon 12th.
CD&R completes acquisition S&S Activewear
Clayton, Dubilier & Rice completed the previously announced partnership transaction. CD&R-managed cash was invested with current owners and management in order to acquire S&S Activewear, a major North American distributor of imprinted apparel and accessories. The terms of this transaction are not known.
S&S was founded in 1988. It has evolved under its current management and owners to become a market leader with over $1.5 billion in sales. S&S has a strong competitive advantage due to its geographical reach, people, and technology. S&S is the leading one- and two-day distributor in the industry. Its products reach 99% of the U.S. population in less than two days, and 44 states in one day.
John Compton is the CD&R Operating Partner, former President of PepsiCo and has taken over the chairmanship of the S&S Board. Jim Shannon, the S&S President, who has been with the company since 1980, has taken the position of Chief Executive Officer. Original announcement of the transaction was made on January 20, 2021.
S&S Activewear Announces a New Investment to Support Long-Term Development
NEW YORK, January 20, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — S&S Activewear (“S&S”), Clayton, Dubilier & Rice (CD&R”) have announced a new partnership where CD&R-managed funds, along with current owners, will invest in S&S, a major North American distributor for imprinted apparel and accessories. The terms of this transaction are not known.
S&S has approximately 4 million square feet of warehouse space, more than 2000 employees and sells blank sportswear, corporate apparel and accessories. This includes t-shirts and fleece & sweatshirts, athletics, headwear and outerwear from over 100 top brands like Gildan, Bella+Canvas and Champion. More than 80,000 products are in stock and the company serves a wide range of customers including screen printers & embroidery, promotional product distributors and e-decorators.
S&S was founded in 1988. It has evolved under its current management and owners from a midwestern fleece and t-shirt distributor to a market leader with over $1.5 billion in sales. S&S is known for its speed and high quality service. They have made significant investments in technology and national distribution capacity. Since 2010, the company has made 3 acquisitions, including the acquisition by Technosport in 2020, the largest Canadian wholesale apparel distributor. S&S products are now able to reach 99% of the U.S. population in two days and 44 states in one day.
The transaction is expected S&S Activewear
The transaction is expected close in the first quarter 2021. At that point, S&S President Jim Shannon and CD&R Operating Partners John Compton will take over the roles of Chief Executive Officers. Former President of Pepsico will be the Chairman of the Board.
“This transaction is an important milestone in S&S, and a validation for our continued success; as succesful as we have been over two decades ago, we believe that our growth story just begins,” stated Mr. Shannon. “CD&R has an in-depth understanding of our business from sourcing, freight and distribution center scaling, to technology, sales & marketing.
“We are thrilled to partner with a talented and entrepreneurial S&S staff that shares our core values within a business we understand,” stated Ken Giuriceo. We look forward to working together in achieving our vision of strong growth that creates exciting possibilities for employees, vendors, customers, and the local communities where we operate.
In connection with this transaction, Barclays, Deutsche Bank Securities Inc. (BMO Capital Markets Corp.), Credit Suisse Securities USA LLC (USA) LLC and Debevoise & Plimpton LLP acted for CD&R as legal advisors. Baird was the sole financial advisor, and McDermott Will & Emery LLP was the legal advisor to S&S.
- 55%Cotton, 37%Poly, 8%Span
- Pull On closure
- Machine Wash
- 4 inch comfort waistband for support and fit
- 25. 5″ inseam
- Super comfortable and stretchable cotton blend fabric that is soft to the touch and never slides down
- Black legging: 92% Cotton, 8% Spandex / Grey legging: 55% Cotton, 37% Polyester, 8% Spandex
- 50% Cotton, 50% Polyester
- No Closure closure
- Machine Wash
- Midweight, 50% Cotton/50% Polyester fleece, with up to 5% made from recycled plastic bottles
- Soft, 7.5-Oz cotton blend provides comfort in any climate
- Sweatshirt sits just below your natural waistline. Ribbed hem and cuffs keep their shape
- 【Longline Sports Bra】:69% Polyester and 31% Spandex. High quality professional sport fabric. These full coverage activewear bra tops are soft, comfortable, elastic, and wicking. A double-layer design with a chest pad and breathable mesh on the inside to make the yoga sports bra for women fit the body curve. The stitching on the back and waistline of gym exercise workout tops highlights the curve of the body.
- 【INVISIBLE & NIPPLE COVERS】:The removeble padded sports bra for women has low to medium support. The widened shoulder straps, widened bond hem make the tank top crop top firmer and provide high support. The upgraded chest pads of wireless sports bra are easily to take out and put in. The removeble pads use good sponge with strong resilience, which are easy to replace and difficult to fall apart in wash.
- 【PERFECT OUTFIT】: Wireless workout crop tops is a wide strap yoga bra tops for women,on-trend athletic crop tops tanks for women. Yoga tanks shirt for women is push up sports bra and a summer staple, you can match cardigans outside the girls crop top, jeans, fitness pants, sport dress and other high-waisted clothesare. The crop summer top is comfortable to wear, casual and sexy, with versatile colors, suitable for all kinds of daily life.
- 【VERSATILE ACTIVITIES】: Size: Small(*A little TIGHT, if you want more comfort and relaxation, please choose a LARGER size than usual*)*1 PACK* This petite cute sports bra long lined tank tops is ideal for A to DD cups. The yoga crop tops for women is suitable for both indoor and outdoor activities, you can wear workout crop top when running, dancing, jogging, biking, boxing, gym, doing yoga or other exercises in sports club.These stand-alone tops suit for sleep, casual daily wearing.
- 【SATISFICATION PROMISE】：KIKIWING providing comfortable for women, teens, and girls of all ages and sizes. This long lined crop top is a good choice for women to wear from home to Gym. Please feel free to contact us, well trained staff will answer you as soon as possible. Please read the size chart and length dimensions carefully before buying!
- 75% Polyester, 25% Spandex
- Turn your gear inside out when washing; wash separately. Air dry or tumble dry low
- Crafted from a brushed, buttery soft and stretch fabric for delivering you the naked sensation and the unrestricted movement
- Experience the comfort of yoga pants with a seamless waistband that does not dig in
- Side pockets allow you to store your personal items when you’re on the go
- Pull On closure
- womens 2 piece outfits:Soft and Comfortable Material.The stretchable fabric is carefully chosen to ensure maximum comfort.
- Seamless and stitching fusion: Whether it is dating or everyday wear, This yoga set can outline your line curve, Make you look different.
- Package Content: 1 Piece Sports Bra and 1 Piece Seamless Leggings
- Perfect for sport,gym,yoga, exercise, fitness, any type of workout, or everyday use.
- We are committed to providing our customers with the best products at the most reasonable price. If you are not satisfied for any reason, feel free to email us for assistance.