What is a Bow Tie?
A bow tie is a necktie made of thin fabric that is tied around the collar. Bow ties can be tied in many ways. Some may be looser and more floppier while others are tighter and more cinched. While bow ties are essential for a formal tuxedo or suit, you can also wear casual bowties in a variety of colors and patterns.
Must Read: skin tightening
Brief History of the Bow Tie
The history of the bow tie goes back to the 17th century, and it has changed throughout history.
Croatian collars: In the seventeenth century, bow ties were used as scarves to make scarves. To keep their shirt collars closed, Croatian mercenaries wore scarves tied to their heads.
The cravat: From this scarf, the cravat was born. It is a French fashion staple that French aristocrats love to wear.
Professional attire: Bow ties were a staple of professional menswear in the 19th and 20th centuries. Bow ties were a symbol for intellectualism and became a popular choice of attire for professors. Pediatricians also began wearing bowties out of practicality–children could not grab at the shorter bowtie.
Formalwear: Bow ties are a common choice for weddings and special events today. They can be worn with dress shirts by all genders to create unique, formal and individual looks.
Make sure the bow tie you choose matches your collar shirt. For formal events, a wingtip collar is better than a straight collar.
Never Miss: ss activewear
Four ways to style a bow tie
Bow ties can add style to any outfit, no matter if you are wearing a suit or tuxedo, or something more casual.
It can be worn with a tuxedo. Black bow ties are an essential part of the tuxedo. For white tie events, you can wear a white bowtie with your black tuxedo.
- Wear a jacketless bow tie and suspenders. A bow tie can be worn with either a blazer, suit or a shirt. To create a casual look, you can wear a button-down shirt with your dress pants. You can also add suspenders and a tie to make it more casual.
- It can be matched with your pocket square. Bow ties add a focal point and pop to any outfit. Bow ties can be used to complement other pieces of your outfit, such as the belt, pocket square, or cufflinks.
- A patterned bow tie can be a great addition to your wardrobe. You can add a colorful, polkadotted, or paisley tie to your formal wear. It can be worn to weddings that have a more formal dress code or to work to give your workwear a preppy touch.
- Consider wearing either a pre-tied or clip-on bow tie if you’re new to bow ties. You can find many styles of these easy-to-wear bowties.
Also Read: best eyeliner for beginners
Five Cardigan Style Tips: How to Wear One
These are some tips on how to style a cardigan for different occasions.
Most Popular: bombas socks
- This is a great addition to any business casual outfit. Cardigans can be worn casually or smartly. A shawl-collar cardigan can be layered over a white button down shirt. The dress shirt can then be tucked into a pair chinos. Loafers are a great addition to the look.
- Bold colors are best. Bold colors can make your cardigan stand out. A bright and cozy cardigan can be paired with suede pants, slim-fitting black jeans or tights. Cardigans can be dressed up or down with intricate designs like embroidery and beading.
- Wear it with a crop top. A loose-knit, thin cardigan sweater can be used as an outerwear layer during warm months. For a casual, laid-back look, pair a crop top or cami with a cardigan. This look can be worn with either shorts or high waist jeans.
- Layer a chunky knit cardigan with casual clothes. Cable knit cardigans can be worn with long-sleeve shirts, slouchy jeans or wide-leg trousers. For a fashionable daytime look, you can style an oversized cardigan by pairing it with skinny jeans, mom jeans, or ankle boots.
- You can try an over-the shoulder look. A casual summer look is to tuck a Tshirt into a pair or mini skirt, and then drape a cotton cardigan across your shoulders. Add white sneakers to complete the look.